The Children’s Joy Foundation, Inc. started when a goodhearted man, Pastor Apollo C. Quiboloy, Executive Pastor of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ the Name Above Every Name, saw the miserable plight of poor Filipino children while touring the entire Philippines as an evangelist. From then on, he felt the burden and decided to take action to help these innocent children.
He wasn’t a business mogul or a tycoon. He was neither a rich scion nor a philanthropist. He was just an ordinary person with a big heart for poor, neglected, abused and abandoned children. He wanted to make them happy. Thus, he founded the Children’s Joy Foundation, which would bring joy to thousands of destitute children in the Philippines.
Starting with only 15 beneficiaries, Pastor Apollo and his Davao-based congregation put up the CJF Residential Care Home in Davao City in 1998. This became the temporary home for children because their families could no longer support them. A few years later, the CJF began community-based projects such as feeding programs, free medical and dental missions and giving scholarship grants to poor children.
From Metro Davao, the foundation reached other areas in Mindanao, followed by Metro Manila, where it established its second Residential Care Home in Project 8, Quezon City. Eventually, it expanded toward Greater Manila’s neighboring provinces, and then in the Visayas.
Since then, the Children’s Joy Foundation, Inc. has not stopped bringing joy to children through its services, which have expanded to livelihood projects for the beneficiaries’ parents, supplemental feeding programs and residential care home services to destitute children nationwide, and reconstructing and renovating day care centers in remote areas.
Geographical barriers were never a problem, for anywhere in the country, volunteers in what the ministry calls its ‘Kingdom Locale Congregations’, work behind the CJF’s outreach programs in far-flung towns, sitios and barangays.
After 13 years, the CJF now has catered many children beneficiaries. In Davao City’s Residential Care Home alone, in-house academic scholars are provided for with their basic needs. The same goes for the other beneficiaries which ensure its services that offered and tailored to the needs and problems of individuals, families and in the community and delivered in the most efficient and effective social services.
1) A child and youth are given a chance to lead a successful healing and productive life since they are the most precious asset of our society. All efforts should be exerted to promote their rights and survival, protection, participation and development.
2) The Children’s Joy Foundation Inc. envisions a society that is compassionate, caring and nurturing and one that provides and upholds the right of all children especially those who are abandoned neglected, surrendered and displaced.
The Children’s Joy Foundation Inc. is committed to create and provide opportunities for holistic development to destitute, neglected, surrendered, and abandoned children. It offers children and youth temporary shelter, love and care; the transitional point towards youth to return to normal community life, education program, provisions of health care, conduct development project, activities and other opportunities to meet their basic needs and develop their God given talents and potentials through value formation and skills training, so that they will grow up to be self – determined, creative, productive, responsive and Godly oriented citizens. It is also dedicated to promote the survival, protection, developmental and participations rights of children.
1) Build an organization structure necessary to support the foundation growth.
2) Build general awareness of the Foundation by reaching the poor from the community through various communication vehicles.
3) Continually grow financial and maximize volunteer participation to reflect the burden of our diverse communities.
4) Ensure services that offered and tailored to the needs and problems of individuals, families and in the community and delivered in the most efficient and effective social services.
5) Provide leadership that recognizes the authority for effective in the delivery of services in the community.